I hope you’re all staying healthy and are able to cope with these difficult and challenging times. This is going to be a longer update than usual and will cover a few different topics. If you have any questions about the items below, please post a comment.
- Fulfillment: As of today, most games have been delivered. Some international packages are still in transit. I’m also tracking down a few people that haven’t submitted their addresses. If this is you, please fill out the Kickstarter survey I sent a few months ago. If you can’t find it, contact me directly.
- International Delays due to COVID: I’ve been watching the postal tracking codes for several countries and I noticed some packages are taking significantly longer than expected (i.e. Sweden, Italy, Australia specifically). I learned from the postal sites for these different countries that there is a significant amount of congestion for international mail because they’re directing mail through a single facility. Please visit your country’s postal website to read more about postal changes due to COVID.
- Have you not yet received your game? Please contact me!
- Questions & Clarifications: I’ve received several questions about certain rules. I’m actively checking and answering questions on FAZA’s BoardGameGeek Forum. If you have a question or if something is unclear, please do check the forum or ask a new question so others can learn from your post.
- FAZA Card Feedback: I’ve received feedback about the swingy nature of the FAZA Cards and have come up with a few solutions you can implement as house rules to mitigate the randomness. I describe the modifications in this BGG post.
- Rulebook Feedback: I’ve received some feedback about the rulebook having a few unclear spots. I’ll be working to fix this in a digital copy that you can download via FAZA’s website. I’ll make another post about it once it’s available to download.
- Do you have feedback or suggestions to improve the game? This can be anything, small or large, please share it with me. I would encourage you to post it to the forum so others can chime in with ideas and can build on top of it. If it’s something that can be addressed with a house rule, we can introduce a new variant of the game to make FAZA a better experience for everyone. If addressing the feedback requires a more substantial change, I’ll work to fix it in a second print run.
Marketing – Your Ideas Wanted:
- Do you have marketing ideas or advice? If there’s something you think I should do to help build awareness for FAZA, please do share it.
- Current Challenges: My plan pre-COVID was to attend conventions, but they’re canceled until further notice. Therefore I’m not able to put FAZA in front of hundreds of people that are usually in the headspace to try a new game…
- Current Marketing Strategy: I’m working on reaching out to reviewers that are interested in covering FAZA. I’m then planning to share their reviews on social media.
- PayPal Integration: I’ve created a simple PayPal button for FAZA’s website to start accepting payments so people can buy the game. Once an order is received, my parents will then package the game and put it in the mail.